Comment on page
Fiscal Host Dashboard
The Fiscal Host Dashboard is your one-stop-shop for seeing all the information and completing your actions as host admin.
Click the button on your host page, while logged in as host admin.
Here's what it looks like:
Use the dropdown menu to see a list of all the Projects in the host. Select one to see only info pertaining to that Project, or use the All Projects view.
Shows all incoming funds. You can filter by pending, paid, cancelled, and error.
Shows submitted expenses.
- Pending: expense has been submitted but not yet approved by the Project's core contributors
- Approved: Core Contributor has confirmed this expense is good to pay out
- Paid: past expenses already complete
There are not enough funds in the Project to pay this expense. Many Projects submit expenses in anticipation of future funding.
Blue button showing that an expense has been approved and there are sufficient funds. If you click this button, then the Paypal checkout flow will be showed.
Green button for manual payments. After paying via another method (bank transfer, etc), click this to deduct the amount for the Project's budget in the system.
Host admins have permission to edit expenses at any time. For example, someone wasn't able to attach their receipt and emailed it instead, and you are adding it for them.
Note: If you edit an expense, it much be re-approved.
Payment errors will show in red next to the expense if they come up.
Common reasons for a payment to fail after clicking the "Pay with PayPal" button:
- Insufficient funds to cover fees
- If a user submits an expense for 100% of the Project's balance, there won't be enough to cover processing fees
- Edit the expense total down to leave enough for the fees and inform the user by leaving a comment